Student Success - University of Florida
Skip to main content
What are the expectations of mentor/advisor/tutor and those of the students being served?
Expectations of Advisors
- Engage with students in a welcoming and courteous manner.
- Guide and assist students in accomplishing their goals during their time at UF.
- Communicate college and university policies in an accurate and timely manner.
- Refer students to appropriate resources.
Expectations of Students
- Willingness to participate in the process- advising is a collaborative experience.
- Take an active role in advising sessions by coming prepared to discuss goals and ask questions.
- Take ownership of their own degree requirements and academic record.
- Be aware of college/university policies.
How to get started?
- Students can visit this advising contact list to locate their academic advisor.
- If they are interested in changing majors, students should go to the advisor for their desired major.